Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Procratinator's R us...


After fixing myself an excellent lunch consisting of grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, and lemon-pepper steamed vegetables (I'm so gourmet, I realize) I was all prepared to buckle down to do some homework. But as how my life usually goes, I get distracted. This can be attributed to many things:

1) I enjoy facebook, blogging, random internet searching, etc...all too much. In fact, I will check my e-mail multiple times in an hour just to see if there are any new e-mails. Most of the time there isn't, but lots of times there are! Exciting, right? Facebook, is consuming and I get sucked in every time...ahhh!!

2) I don't want to do the work/studying that needs to be done. It's hard, it takes time, oh yeah, did I mention that it's hard??? For instance, I have an Italian test tomorrow (which will require molto molto studying) an excel homework assignment for stats, and bible study tonight that I haven't quite worked on yet.

3) I have too much time. I feel like I'm always thinking that there isn't enough time to get things done, but that is just because I wait until the last few moments to get stuff done. In actuality, I work best when there is a set amount of time I have to get stuff done. For instance, I was done with class today at 12:15 and so I have the entire afternoon to work on stuff. My next scheduled thing is at 7:00pm...that's a lot of time. So I choose to fill this time by doing things like writing this blog. yay!!

On to another note: The picture up there is from the Senior Pub Crawl with my sorority sisters. I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to go. After all, the theme was Bar Golf. We play 9 holes (bars) and keep score throughout the night. Theoretically, one is supposed to take a drink at each bar. If I would have done this, I would've ended up in the hospital. Nope, definitely not for me. But my fellow sister who goes to church with me, talked me into going so that we could hang out together and drink water and such. What a relief to have somebody else who didn't want to drown away the night with alcohol.

Some positives from the night:
* I got a great tour of Mass. Street and am now more informed of the night life in Lawrence.
* I got to hang out with my sorority sisters
* I developed better friendships with the "water drinkin 30 year olds" pictured above. (we joked that we were the old mothers just trying to ruin everybody's fun)
* Excellent bonding...we all have t-shirts made up and there were 27 girls "crawling down mass with class" Quite a sight to everybody else I'm sure.

Ok, well those are the highlights from my life right now...I should probs do some (a lot) of homework. We just recently learned how to say "I love you" in Italian...so here ya go

Ti voglio bene!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you're just great :)

Kelly said...

Hey Tara, Just have one little issue with the whole old mom, 30 year old thing. How about 35, YIKES! I don't feel it, really!